Why Microsoft Projects Is the Only Skill You Really Need
Microsoft Projects commonly referred as MS Projects is the efficient project and portfolio management used in a variety of industries including construction, manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, government, retail, financial services and health care. It has a set of tools which helps the users to set realistic goals for project teams and customers by creating schedules, distributing resources and managing budgets. It includes various modules such as project work and project teams, schedules and finances. It also includes a Project Guide which helps the users to create projects, track tasks and report results. It helps the contractors to gain control over their resources and finances by simplifying the assignment of resources to tasks and budgets to projects.
Microsoft Project Management Software comes with a customizable wizard which helps the users through the process of project creation, from assigning their tasks and resources to reporting the final results. It is closely related with Microsoft Office suite, but also includes a Client Access License (CAL) which facilitates easy connection with Office Project Server. It assists managers in performing various tasks that include Devising plans, setting realistic goals, Defining resources, Assigning tasks, Recording progress and finances, Monitoring workloads and Scheduling meetings etc.
Advantages of MS Projects
- Easily manage your company’s projects
- Get resources and finances under control
- Bring project’s critical issues to your attention
- Track project evolution in terms of completion, time and costs
- “What if” scenarios capabilities is offered via multiple undo and redo levels
- Helps you make decisions about managing resources, costs, people, and equipment
- Provides insights and foresights to help projects run smoothly
- Generate clear and concise reporting on how projects develop
- Can keep track of progress (and failure) and make the right choices using real-time reports
- More powerful and flexible than any other tool available
- Have access to a wider range of functionality than most PPM tools
Project Management is a wonderful career that spans across multiple sectors such as Construction, Engineering, Information Technology, etc. There will be ever demanding for the Project Managers as all the companies look for the expansion or new projects, project execution cannot be assigned to the operation or maintenance engineers. Companies in EPC have a large requirement of project engineers as they execute projects and getting a degree in project management will open the doors to many different careers.
About MS Projects Training
Cistotech is the leading organization that imparts world class MS Projects training and certification services to professionals so that they can acquire knowledge on how to effectively schedule, optimize, track and analyze your project tasks and resources. The Certified MS Projects trainers provide a clear understanding on how to use Microsoft project to efficiently develop realistic schedules so that by the end of the MS Projects Training participants will be able to use the basic features of MS projects in creating a project plan and performing basic tracking.